Quote o' the day

Coming Soon: Slices of a Normal* Life ON ICE!
(Not really, of course! Could you imagine what a trainwreck that would look like?!)

Monday, March 18, 2013

3/18: And We're Back!

Hello, once again! I know, I know, it's been a while since my last post, but I really did need the break. As long as I can get in the 25 required posts, I'll be in perfect shape, but honestly I think the length of my post more than covers that already. Hopefully while I was away from the site you didn't forget about me, because I'd much prefer to have a bit of an audience.

It's been a week, and I still haven't been able to get rid of this horrible cough. I don't know what gives! Usually, this kind of thing blows over in a few days, but no. Morning after morning, I'm still hacking away. It's awful, annoying, and inconvenient all at the same time. Hopefully I will settle things in time for the musical, but I doubt that this can last two more weeks. That just seems impossible. Hold on: *cough* *cough* This is just fantastic! Now I'm coughing on the internet!

Anyway, on a happier note, today is National Bracket Day! With the teams named yesterday, this is the day to enter in as many tournaments and fill out as many brackets as possible! If you love this time of year as much as I do, well then I have good news for you! Here are my top 10 tips to keep from looking like a bracket idiot!

10) The First Four doesn't really matter at all. Since two of the games feature 16 seeds, it won't make a difference in the real bracket. I get that VCU went from First Four to Final Four, but no one saw them going that far, except maybe for Butler.

9) St. Mary's (CA) always looks appealing, (thanks Butler) but that doesn't mean they'll go far.

8) You'll never go wrong with Duke in the Final Four. Even this year, when they're a number 2 seed. Put Duke in, and at least your chances look good.

7) Always put Butler in the Sweet Sixteen. No exceptions.

6) Do NOT fall victim to your favorite team. I fear too many Notre Dame fans will make the mistake of putting them down over Ohio State, who actually won their conference championship.

5) No, Kentucky is not in this year. So if you haven't seen the bracket, you won't look like a fool saying you think the Wildcats will repeat. That just shows you haven't been paying attention all season.

4) The best football teams don't always have the best basketball teams. Michigan and Cal may seem like they can go far, but they aren't Elite Eight caliber.

3) Chalk brackets and upset brackets? Bad idea, as both will never win. Instead, pick and choose upsets from the upset bracket and filter them into the chalk bracket.

2) When all else fails, do your personal decision maker, whether it's a dartboard, drawing straws, or animal gurus. What you shouldn't do, however, is use this for every other game. Trust your gut, and make smart moves. Look at head to head before all else.

1) DO NOT PICK A 14, 15, OR 16 SEED TO WIN A SINGLE GAME!!! IT'S NEVER GONNA HAPPEN!!! If you're gonna pick an upset in the first round, go with an 11 or 12 seed.

The bracketologist has spoken! Thank you!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks! I hope to sound well informed at lunch tomorrow. The joke in our lounge is to always root for Duke. The superintendent hates them and it's good fun to razz him as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete