Quote o' the day

Coming Soon: Slices of a Normal* Life ON ICE!
(Not really, of course! Could you imagine what a trainwreck that would look like?!)

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

3/13: Topic Potpourri

Before you ask, no, this post is not about smelly stuff. As you may or may not know, I like to switch things up every once in a while. So today, I'm basically doing a super-extended rundown, in which each tidbit gets its own mini-paragraph. So don't expect an additional rundown. Really, the whole point of this is so that I don't have to actually choose anything to elaborate on. Give me a break, though. After all, I've been doing this every day for two weeks.

Habemus papam! We have a pope! Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio is now officially Pope Francis, after less than two days of voting by the conclave. This choice marks many firsts, such as the first Jesuit pope, the first pope from the Americas, and the first pope to choose the name Francis, after St. Francis of Assisi. Why exactly are you reading this here? I realize that this isn't really news, but I am a Catholic myself, so obviously this is pretty big for me and the other 1 billion-plus Catholics in the world.

Today was the National French Exam, which really messed up the schedule for me today. French I took the test during our regular French period, so the French II kids, myself included, were sent to the KIVA to basically do nothing for over an hour. We took our test during geometry, so I'll have to catch up on work there, but not before I devote 3 hours of school time tomorrow to the AIME. Makeup work really stinks, but at least there will be pizza.

Another round of musical rehearsals started today, and I would just like to point out that even though I still have a cough and managed to both clog my throat even further and give myself a wicked stomach cramp by drinking Pepsi in between every single break in the action, I still managed to nail every note I sang. That, my friends, is talent. Or maybe just stupidity. Anyway, the band already sounds awesome.

Yesterday, I received three new albums to add to my collection, all of them being from my top 3 bands which I mentioned a couple days back. I simply can't wait to start listening!

Finally, I am pleased to announce that we finally got Emma to listen to "Bohemian Rhapsody!" Josh, thank you so much for getting that monkey off my back. No, this does not in any way mean I'm going to repay you by giving even the slightest thought to your random philosophical inquiries.

With that, I bid you adieu. Be fruitful, and... do long division or something. Really, I should leave the whole words of wisdom thing to someone else. Like our new pope!

No comments:

Post a Comment